Becoming a New Patient at MCHC
We can provide your Health Care
We are pleased that you are considering us for your health
care needs. Please review the guide below.
1. We hope this guide will help answer questions you may have about scheduling an appointment. We are always accepting new patients and never turn anyone away. Start by browsing our medical and/or dental provider listings to get an idea of whom you would like to choose to provide your care. Please also review the services that we provide.
2. Contact our call center to discuss the availability of the provider you have chosen. Our call center staff will work with your schedule to try to get you with your provider of choice and an appointment that works with your schedule. We understand that in some cases our providers' schedules may not meet up with your schedule. In this case we can assist you with choosing another provider to best meet your needs. We will also direct you as to which provider should be listed as your Primary Care Provider (PCP) with your insurance company.
3.Call your insurance company (the number can usually be found on the back of your insurance card) to switch your PCP to the advised provider at MCHC. You must have a Mattpan Community Health Center Provider listed as your PCP with your insurance carrier, prior to being seen. If you are uninsured, please make an appointment to see our Financial Counselor who can help you to better understand the options that will be offered to you.
4. During your first visit to the health center you will be asked to complete some documentation forms:
- Patient Registration Form
- Notice of Privacy practices
- Patient Demographic Information
Late Patient Policy
At MCHC, we take all of our scheduled patients into consideration. Please be advised that we do enforce a Late Patient Policy to take care that our clinic runs smoothly.
If You Are Late:
Over 15 minutes late: Patients who arrive more than 15 minutes late for an appointment will be treated as walk-ins. Patients will still be seen by a clinical provider for any urgent health care needs. However, they may have to wait.