BLUE HILL CORRIDOR WIC PROGRAM
What is WIC? Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is a nutrition program that provides access to healthy foods, health screening, and nutritional counseling, free of charge to Massachusetts residents who qualify.
What does WIC offer?
WIC's purpose is to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women and their children 5 years and younger healthy. WIC does this by:
- Personalized nutrition consultations
- Checks for free, healthy food
- Guidence for eating well to improve health
- Referrals for medical and dental care, health insurance, child care, housing and fuel assistance, and other services
Who is WIC for?
WIC is for all kinds of families: married and single parents, whether working or not working, If you are a father, mother, grandparent, foster or other legal guardian of a child under the age of 5, you can apply for WIC for your child.
You can participate in WIC if you live in Massachusetts, have a family income less than WIC guidlines, or if any of the following apply:
- You have a child under the age of 5
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding an infant under one year of age
- Non-breastfeeding postpartum women up to the sixth month after delivery